2012 Francis J. Robinson Memorial Interational
55th Annual Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament
July 16-July 22, 2012
The Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament is named after a local tennis player, Lt. Francis J. Robinson, a young serviceman who died in a military flight training mission in July 1958. A group of Lt. Robinson’s friends started a small tennis tournament in his honor that same summer. The “Robinson” has grown into a local event with 300-400 participants annually, ranging in divisions from 10 & under to 65 & over and is considered one of the longest running community tennis tournaments in the United States.
Use the links below for entry, rules and reporting times. Also check out the special Activities & Events happening during the tournament; view the draws and semi/finals’ schedules; and view the Robinson Winner’s List – Champions, Finalists, and Special Award recipients.
- Robinson Entry Form (entry deadline 4pm July 5)
- $25.00 per person. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed after 4pm, Thursday, July 5th.
- NO entries or changes will be accepted after 4pm, Tuesday, July 10th.
- Each entrant (including doubles partners entered in no other events) must submit an entry form and provide the required entry fee.
- The entry fee must be submitted at time of entry.
- All entrants must supply an unopened can of USTA approved tennis balls for each event entered.
- Balls will be supplied for all final matches.
- Draws (updated through Friday July 20)
Robinson Tournament Sponsors
We would like to express sincere appreciation and gratitude to the following sponsors for their support of the 55th Annual Francis J. Robinson Memorial International Tournament. The tournament’s success is further achieved through your generous support and helps provide our tennis community the benefit of special guests, events and activities. Thank you!
|First Preferred Mortgage
Port Huron Tennis House
The Arlene Johnson Family
Oppenheimer & Co Inc
|The Brozovich Family
Physician Healthcare Network
Fred & Lezlynne Moore
Richard & Anna Kovar
The Sweeney Family
|Mike & Connie Kleeves
Smith Family Funeral Home
Lozen Law Firm
Gary & Karen Shamaly
Quay Street Brewery
If you would be interested in being a Robinson Tournament Sponsor, please contact Jim Charron at (810) 841-5733.